Here are a few — less involved than baking — ways to make your home smell great.
1. Good old-fashioned baking soda: use it in the fridge, a yucky closet, as a carpet freshener. It will neutralize any odd smell you want to get rid of.
2. Not just for salad dressing vinegar: so powerful, vinegar can remove skunk smell on a dog. Leave a bowl of vinegar overnight in any room in the house and it will kill nose-scrunching smells. Clean with it for an extra shot of fresh.
3. When life hands you lemons…: Half a lemon in your fridge will freshen it right up. Cut two lemons in half and you can tackle that litter box smell or anything else for that matter. One cut up in your microwave and cook for a few seconds and you’ve softened all that dried on food so it’s easier to clean, and it smells great.
4. Cloves: Wow, are they full of aroma! Throw some into a few cups of water, bring it to a boil and then reduce to a simmer. Add citrus or apple peels for extra scents.
Next time you run out of Febreeze, just look in your pantry or produce drawer and freshen up the natural way!
Search great smelling Columbus homes for sale at TimTaylorRealtor.com.
- The Many Household Uses for Lemons (apartmenttherapy.com)
- 8 Ways to Use Vinegar…. (ourchildrensearth.wordpress.com)